Sunday, October 04, 2009

Another Mystery Trip


Back in the early 70's we used to go on CIEs Mystery train. In theory you didnt know where you might end up, but as soon as you got onboard the train everyone used to know. Years later a co-worker told me she used to work with her Mother on the mystery train selling bars of chocolate and apples. her Mother knew the train driver and thats how she found out. One of the times we arrived at Boyle, Roscommon. It must be nearly 40 years since I was in Boyle and now at last another mystery trip to Boyle.
This time its a trip to have a look at some 'bargain' houses and it will probably be another mystery. Firstly will the houses be actually in the Village or miles out, how come a 5 bedroom house is so cheap. And the final mystery is will the train stop in Boyle. The last time my brother went by train to Boyle, there was a special promotion at a special price for a day return. However when it was time to return to the station, he waited for the train but it never came, I cant remember how he got home, I think CIE arranged a bus or taxi to bring him to another station. Anyhow I hope that doesnt happen on my return.

No comments: