Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Memories

Mums story about going to the Circus is in the main true. However she forgot and still can't remember also volunteering for the bare back horse riding later in the evening. Frank my brother also seems to remember mum being attached to a rotating board and the knives being thrown as Mum slowly revolved. I can't remember exactly either, myself, Frank,Trevor and Graham were in knots of laughter and Mildred was almost having a heart attack as the knives or Tomahawks were thrown. The other thing about Duffy's Circus was that every performer had about four or five roles during the performance. I don't think the Indian was a native American, I think he came from Cork, later he became a Lion Tamer, then played in the band. I think they had about twelve or more people but it seemed like about fifty and all with glamorous names from all parts of the World. It was an unforgettable night and it was over 40 years ago now. Duffy's Circus is still on the go and currently are on tour again in Dublin.

No comments: